Friday, March 20, 2015

Why I Won't Write for These Companies


They all have one thing in common that I cannot support: Animal Cruelty.

I won't even buy their $10 products to keep from supporting their methods, so how am I supposed to help increase their sales by the millions and feel good about it? Or continue to brainwash people that these companies and products are all-good?

It ain't easy passing up opportunities for some really cool, innovative projects. And the people who I connect with at these companies are so nice to boot. But, I'd rather not work as a copywriter than support something I strongly oppose.

Does that make me unattractive to some agencies? Probably. Does it limit who is willing to put their name next to mine? Most likely. Is it worth it? I believe, yes.

Well, I feel like Matt Diaz coming out and saying all of this. Here is my excess skin, people.

My hope is that it inspires you to also put morale above work so we can start putting some pressure on clients, together, to take more responsible paths toward profit. We all want them to do well, just do right, too.

---

I've started to make a database of good products that don't test on animals.

bettergoods.co

It's a design and info work in progress, but check it out if you're looking for good quality cruelty-free beauty and cosmetic products.

No comments:

Post a Comment